Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Knowing Where Your Power Comes From

Scripture:

Genesis 41:16 "'It is beyond my power to do this', Joseph replied. 'But God can tell you what it means and set you at ease'".

Observation:

Joseph understood where his strength and gifts came from. He understood that it was God who could help Pharaoh and that without God intervening, he was powerless to help in the situation. He communicated and was giving God the glory before the dream was even interpreted. This is true humility.

Application:

God works greatest through those who understand that it is not by their own goodness, their own power, or their own strength that things get accomplished. He chooses to work greatest through those who He knows will give Him all the praise and not take any glory or themselves. Joseph had no problem telling the Pharaoh, I can't do this, but God can. It didn't bother him to say "I can't". He understood his own limitations and God's powerful possibilities.

Prayer:

Lord, You are amazing! Teach me to walk in the humility of Joseph. I want people to know You and Your power. I want people to see You goodness and grace being poured out. I know I can do nothing to bring about any of this, but I also know that You are awesome and work through people who depend on You. Teach me to depend more on You and less on me.

You're the Best!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment