Monday, March 8, 2010

God's Favor

Scripture:

Genesis 39:21 "But the Lord was with Joseph in the prison and showed him his faithful love. And the Lord made Joseph a favorite with the prison warden".

Observation:

The story of Joseph is my favorite story in the Bible. It is a story of God's faithfulness and His favor when someone has a right attitude in their service of Him. Joseph has been sold into slavery by his brothers, falsely accused of sexual misconduct, and now is in prison. While in prison it said that the Lord was with Joseph and showed him His faithful love. Joseph was favored by the warden and Joseph starting working his way up in the prison.

Application:

Many times when we are in the prison of life, we have a terrible attitude! We think god has forsaken us or He just doesn't love us any more. When we don't see things going our way, we tend to think God doesn't care about us any more. Joseph walked in the Lord's love and favor through terrible circumstances. He was treated awful be many different people, yet kept a good attitude through it all. God's favor fell on him and turned his tragedies into triumphs. Don't focus on your circumstances, focus on your God and you will understand that He knows your future and you can trust Him in your present.

Prayer:

Lord, let You favor be on my life. If there is anything I desire, I desire Your favor as You displayed it with Joseph. Help my attitude to be like the attitude of Joseph so that Your favor can flow. No matter what happened to him, he prospered because You were with him and showed Your favor to him. I want You with me at all times Lord. In the good times and in the bad, I want You with me.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment