Friday, March 19, 2010

God's Longterm Desire

Scripture:

Exodus 19:6 "And you will be my kingdom of priests, my holy nation. This is the message you must give to the people of Israel".

Observation:

Moses is speaking with the Lord on Mount Sinai and God tells him His desires for the people of Israel. He wants them to be a kingdom of priests, His holy nation. Throughout the Old Testament, God wanted to walk and talk with His people. He desperately wanted to be their God and for them to be His people, but they continued to fail and could never be holy enough to fulfill what He wanted. He desired a people who would be totally committed to Him and Him alone.

Application:

In the New Testament we are called a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. Now we have access to God as a priest of the most high, not by fulfilling every obligation, but by the blood of Jesus Christ. He lived the perfect life and paid the price for us to finally be what God desired from the beginning. He has always wanted a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. Now, by the blood of Jesus, it is possible. Do you see yourself as a priest? Do you see yourself as a holy nation? Do you consider yourself a person fully committed to your God? This has always been God's desire, let's be the people He desires us to be that we may be His people and He may be our God. Let's walk in constant communion with Him as the priesthood of the Most High.

Prayer:

Lord, let me live a life that pleases You in every area. Help me to spend more time with You. Keep me in constant communication with You as a priest of the Most High. I want to know You more and more. I want to learn Your ways and hear Your voice clearer every day. Show me more of Your will and plan for mankind. Lead me into Your presence more each day. I love You and want to be a priest who serves his God well.

Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment