Friday, March 26, 2010

Inspection is not a bad word

Scripture:

Exodus 39:43 "Then Moses inspected all their work. When he found it had been done just as the Lord had commanded him, he blessed them".

Observation:

God had given Moses very specific instructions concerning the building of the Tabernacle. He gave instructions about every furnishing, utensil, etc. Moses gave the command to the artisans and they did the work. When they were finished we come across this verse where Moses inspects everything they did and when it is found good, he blesses them.

Application:

Probably my weakest point in leadership is inspection. I tend to struggle with inspecting what someone has done. I don't like to point out what someone has done wrong. It is hard for me to inspect others work, especially if they are a volunteer. I see here that Moses inspected what he had instructed to see, if it was done right, then he blessed them if it was done right. God gave Moses the instructions so he was responsible to make sure it was done right. Moses would answer to God if they had slacked on their work, therefore he inspected what they did.

Prayer:

Lord, as you teach me leadership, help me not to be afraid to inspect what I expect. As you give me orders, help me not to shy away from inspecting the work others do for You and Your kingdom. Give me boldness as a leader to raise the bar of expectation to where I know You want it and then not resist inspecting what You have put in my heart. I need to grow in this area Lord. Help me, that I may be more effective for Your kingdom!

I Love You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment