Thursday, April 16, 2009

When God Fights Your Battles

Scripture:

Joshua 10:42 "All these kings and their land Joshua too at one time, because the Lord God of Israel fought for Israel".

Observation:

After Ai, Joshua and his men began conquering one city after another, utterly destroying them. In 12:24 it says they took 31 kings and their kingdoms. These were untrained warriors who had been in a wilderness for 40 years going against armies much larger than them. They had one thing going for them, the Lord God fought their battles.

Application:

When God decides to fight our battles, look out to anything or anyone who gets in the way. This reminds me that I am much better off with God fighting my battles than trying to fight them on my own. When God does the work, it is done well and enemies are "utterly defeated".

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to allow You to fight my battles. You are my hope and strength. You are my deliverer. Help me not to rely on my own strength, but to realize there is a power much greater than myself who is working on my behalf. No enemy can match the God I serve. You will never cease to amaze me!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment