Sunday, April 26, 2009

Satan is a Pest

Scripture:

Judges 16:16 "And it came to pass, when she pestered him daily with her words and pressed him, so that his soul was vexed to death, that he told her all his heart".

Observation:

Samson meets Delilah and falls in love. She had been sent on a mission to find out the source of his great power. She asks him three times and he gives wrong answers. She doesn't give up, but begins to pester him and press him with her words until his soul is vexed to death. Samson had a breaking point and Delilah was going to push him to that point. Finally he gives up and tells her everything and she betrays him.

Application:

Satan will keep coming at you in your place of weakness until you break down. He never gives up. His demons know your weak areas and will not stop harassing that area until you break down. God wants us to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might! He has defeated the enemy and Satan tries to steal that victory from us. Samson was weak in the area of women and loved women more than God. We can never allow anything in our lives that we love more than the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, I ask You to strengthen me today to walk in victory and to love nothing more than You. Help me remain strong when temptation comes. I want to serve You in holiness and not bring a bad reputation to Your name. You are awesome and I want to represent You well. When Satan continues to come and pester, give me strength to resist him and conquer every enemy. I don't want to wear out in any area of life. I want to win victories for You and Your kingdom.

I love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment