Sunday, April 12, 2009

Almost

Scripture:



Acts 26:28 "Then Agrippa said to Paul, 'you almost persuade me to become a Christian'".



Observation:



Paul had just described his life to Agrippa as he was waiting to be sent for trial to Rome. At the end of Paul telling his life story to him, Agrippa says, "You almost persuade me to bocome a Christian". Agrippa was so close, but so far away. Almost isn't enough!



Application:



Many people when they face Jesus will say, "I almost gave my life to You". "I almost served you wholeheartedly". Jesus will reply, "I never knew you, depart from Me you worker of iniquity". Almost never gets anything done. Almost is where many people are in their spiritual journey today. We need to be people who are not "almost" serving god, but serving Him with passion and fervor every day of our lives.



Prayer:



Lord, help me to move out of the land of almost. Almost never got us where we needed to go. I don't want to "almost" see the victory in my life. I don't want to have an "almost" good marriage and family. I don't want to live in the land of almost. I love You Lord and want to make the most of every opportunity. I don't want to dwell with the "been brothers", woulda' been, coulda' been and shoulda' been.

No comments:

Post a Comment