Sunday, April 12, 2009

There is Safety in God's Will

Scripture:

Acts 27:24 "Do not be afraid Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you".

Observation:

Paul is on board a ship that appears to be going down. Everyone is panicking and wondering if they are going to die. Paul let's them know everyone is going to survive because an angel had been sent to him telling him he and those on board would be safe because Paul still needed to see Caesar. Paul was safe because he was in the center of God's will for his life. He was a prisoner onboard a ship, but was in the will of God.

Application:

I have heard it said that being in God's will is the safest place to be. I would rather be on the front lines of a military operation in God's will, than walking across the street out of God's will. When you are fulfilling your assignment in life, God will take care of you. WHen you are doing your own thing, you are in danger. Make sure you are fulfilling God's purpose for you life, then you are in safety. Paul had been through much difficulty in ministry to this point and was facing more, but he knew that the Jesus who asked him to do these things could also take care of him while he did them.

Prayer:


Lord, we are safest when we are doing Your will. Help me to hear You voice clearer in these last days than ever before. I want to make sure I am not on my own plan, but Yours. When things are difficult, I pray you will remind me that I am in the center of Your will and that in Your will, you take care of Your people. Help me stay of track! I love You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment