Saturday, April 25, 2009

O Be Careful Little Eyes What You See

Scripture:

Judges 14:2 "When he returned home, he told his father and mother, 'A young Philistine woman in Timnah caught my eye. I want to marry her. Get her for me'".

Observation:

We all know that one of Samson's weak points was with women. Here he is really near the beginning of his ministry as a judge and he sees a woman. Immediately he tells his parents, "I want to marry her. Get her for me". WOW! Here is a mighty man of God separated from his mother's womb, a child of promise, and he has a big head and wandering eyes already. He knew he shouldn't even be looking at any woman who was not of Israel. He knew she was a Philistine and they were God's enemies, yet he went after her because of the lust of his heart.

Application:

Many people who are significantly powerful in God have fallen because they did not guard their eyes and think with their heads. Somehow the power and influence of a good-looking young lady has the ability to get men off track on their purpose and in their service to God. Men must be careful what they are looking at because what you look at the most is what you will one day go after. Keep your eyes on the Lord and He will keep you walking right. Don't allow the power of lust, greed, or anything else deter you from God's will for your life.

Prayer:

Keep my mind and eyes pure. So many great men of God have fallen in sexual relationships that they know are wrong, yet the love of that woman is stronger than their love for God. Father, keep my love for You red hot and my eyes on you at all times. Samson was a powerful man of God, yet fell. I have seen too many men fall into temptation. Teach us how to conquer this area that our ministries not be affected in a negative way because of our lack of obedience to Your word.

I love you Father,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment