Sunday, April 19, 2009

God is Faithful!

Scripture:

Joshua 21:45 "Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass".

Observation:

God spoke to Moses and the children of Israel as they were coming out of Egypt and told them they were going to this wonderful land. Here they are many, many years later. After 40 years of wandering around int he wilderness because of their unbelief and many more years of conquering enemies in the land, they get what God promise them. God's promises never fail. Even though God dealt with them for their lack of faith and disobedience, His original plan and promise still came to pass.

Application:

God is faithful to what He says! What ever promises God has made us, will come to pass. Usually they will not come to pass when or how we thought they should, but our God is a faithful God who is able to change situations and events to bring about His plans. As we have seen in Joshua, God fought their battles and was with them, even though they had messed up so many times. He was faithful to His end of the bargain, even when they were not. God will defeat enemy armies, overthrow cities and governments, or anything else to see His promise fulfilled! We must trust that what He has spoken to us will come to pass. He is faithful!

Prayer:

Lord, sometimes I am stubborn and want things my way and in my timing. You are God and You are in control! Help me to trust You with all my life. Teach me You faithfulness more each day. I know you are able, but sometimes I struggle believing that You will bring to pass all that has been spoken over my life. Help my life to become more in line with You, that the day of Your blessing may come.

I love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment