Thursday, April 2, 2009

Daily Wash 4/2

Scripture:

John 21:15 "After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, 'Simon, Son of John, do you love me more than these?' 'Yes Lord,' Peter replied, 'you know I love you.' 'Then feed my lambs,' Jesus told him."

Observation:

Jesus has died and resurrected. He is about to ascend to his father and he pulls Peter away after breakfast and asks him if he really loves him. Peter says, "You know I love you". Jesus replies, "feed my lambs". There is much that could be said about this story like the use of agape when Jesus asks Peter and Peter replying with I phileo you, but that is not what the Lord is putting on my heart. He is saying, if you really care for me, feed my lambs.

Application:

The feeding of sheep is critical business to Jesus. He loves his sheep and has proven he will lay down his life for the sheep. Now he is asking Peter to have the same mindset. Jesus had already said He was the shepherd and His sheep know His voice, now He asks Peter to feed them. As believers, we must take up the task of feeding God's sheep. All of us have people we should be feeding. We are all leading someone. Are we leading them closer to jesus and feeding them His word?

Prayer:

Lord, I realize You are incredibly concerned for your sheep. Help me to be one who takes feeding them as seriously as You do. Give me opportunity today to feed someone some of Your word. Teach me to make the most of every opportunity. Teach me to be a better shepherd of You sheep. I noticed in this verse You said "My sheep". I realize I am your undershepherd. they are really Your sheep, teach me to lead them better. I want to hear the words, "Well done good and faithful servant" and I want to feed your sheep.

You are awesome!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment