Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Looking from God's Perspective

Scripture:

Judges 6:14 "Then the Lord turned to him and said, 'Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?'"

Observation:

Gideon had been hiding from the Midianites. The Lord appeared to him and told him to go in this might of his and save Israel. Gideon immediately begins to tell the Lord that he really doesn't have any might and he is the least of everyone (Jeff's Paraphrase). When God approached him, He knew Gideon already. he knew more about Gideon than Gideon knew about himself. From God's perspective, Gideon was a man of valor. From Gideon's perspective of himself, he was a nobody from nowhere.

Application:

Does God view you different than you view yourself? From God's perspective, you are more than a conqueror, an overcomer and a victor through Christ. From your perspective, you may feel like a nobody from nowhere. We need to see ourselves as Christ sees us and not allow our own knowledge of out inadequacies drive our lives. God may see more in you than you see in yourself! Also, realize that when He sends you, you have everything it takes to do what needs done or He wouldn't have sent you in the first place. He may just see in you what you don't see in yourself!

Prayer:

Lord, help me to view life through Your eyes. Help me to realize you sent me for a purpose and You knew who I was before You sent me. If you sent me to accomplish something, You must believe that I can do it. Thanks for believing in me more than I believe in myself. Help me understand fully that Greater is he that is in me, than he who is in the world. You called me, You sent me, You must believe I can do it!

I love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment