Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Blessing of Serving Others

Scripture:

Ruth 2:11-12 "Yes, I know, Boaz replied. But I also know about everything you have done for your mother in law since the death of your husband. I have heard how you left your father and mother and your own land to live here among complete strangers. May the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done".

Observation:

Ruth left all after the death of her husband to follow Naomi, her mother-in-law. She told her wherever she went, Ruth would follow. She said she would follow her in every area and when they get back to Bethlehem, Ruth goes to get grain for Naomi to take care of them. While working in the field, she meets Boaz, who was considered the family redeemer. He begins to bless her in big ways by providing for her needs. Then he tells her he knows everything she had done for her mother-in-law and speaks a blessing over her. Immediately she was being blessed in her new nation.

Application:

When will be realize the blessing attached with serving others? Sometimes we serve with a wrong heart and don't give ourselves fully to help others. Ruth served in humility and out of a pure heart. She wanted to be a blessing to her mother-in-law. As she was serving with that pure heart, the blessing of God hits her life in a powerful way. God blesses those who serve Him in humility and serve others. God takes good notes and sees every Little thing you do for others. his blessing abound in the lives of those who give their lives away. You can't out give God! He will turn your sacrifice into blessing every time!

Prayer:

Lord, I want to serve others out of a pure heart. No ulterior motives! I want to help people that need help. Serving others is a truly a blessing. The work of love is always rewarded. Help me to love others the way You live them. Help me to serve with gladness and joy of heart. Help me to be a blessing to my family. Teach me to serve them better. Jesus, You came to be the servant of all. Help me to improve my serve.

Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment