Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wisdom Comes From God

Scripture:

Proverbs 2:6  "For Jehovah giveth wisdom; Out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding".

Observation:

Solomon tells us here that it is God who gives wisdom and that it is out of His mouth that knowledge and understanding come.  It doesn't say it comes from seeking, reading, or pursuing anything else, but it comes from God.

Application:

We can read, look, study, and work ourselves to death trying to get more wisdom, knowledge and understanding.  We can work hard at learning these things, but really it comes from the Lord.  He may use reading, seeking, classes, etc., but in the end, it all comes from Him.  If we learn to follow the Lord and His will, everything else will work out in our lives.  He is the source of everything we need.  We must seek Him above all else.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be a seeker of You above all else.  Teach me to seek Your will and Your ways.  I hunger and thirst to know You more.  Help me to honor You every day of my life and let my life bring Your glory.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment