Friday, August 4, 2017

Whom Shall I Fear?

Scripture:

Psalm 27:1  "Jehovah is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  Jehovah is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"

Observation:

David tells us here that God is his light and salvation.  He also says God is the strength of his life.  Based on these two things, he says, "Whom shall I fear?" and "Of whom shall I be afraid?"  Because God was the center of David's life, he knew he had nobody else to fear.

Application:

When God is at the center of who you are, there is nobody to fear.  He is greater than everything we fear, therefore we must fear only Him.  God is above and beyond only and not beneath.  He is greater than anything we fear.  His name is worthy to be praised and we need to fear nothing.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to fear You alone and not any other man.  Help me to walk in Your strength.  Be my light and my salvation.  Be the stronghold of my life and let me fear only You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment