Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Eye of Jehovah

Scripture:

Psalm 33:18-19  "Behold, the eye of Jehovah is upon them that fear Him, Upon them that hope in his lovingkindness; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine".

Observation:

The Psalmist says here that the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him.  It is on them that put their hope in His lovingkindness.  He goes on to say that He will deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

Application:

This is a beautiful picture of how God looks after us.  He keeps His eye on those who fear Him.  He watches our every step.  He delivers us from death and preserves our lives when His eye is on us.  I want God to keep His eye on me.  When we go away, we tell people to "keep an eye on my stuff".  God is keeping His eye on me and watching out for me every day.  I can have confidence that He will keep me protected.

Prayer:

Lord, thanks for reminding me that You are watching over me to protect me and to keep me from making wrong moves.  Guide me and show me exactly what You want of me each day.  Direct my paths and keep Your eye on me as I fear You and hope in Your lovingkindness.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment