Monday, August 14, 2017

Integrity and Skill

Scripture:

Psalm 78:72  "So he was their shepherd according to the integrity of his heart, and guided them by the skillfulness of his hands".

Observation:

Here we are told that David was Israel's shepherd and that he shepherded his people according to the integrity of his heart.  David had a heart of integrity and that wanted to follow the Lord, but he also had skillful hands.  With a good heart and a skillful hands, God can do great things.

Application:

I have always had a pure heart for the Lord and have always desired to do things His way.  My heart has always been a heart of integrity, wanting what God wants, but I sense I am at a place where I need to work on my skills, especially leadership skills.  I am starting a masters program to work on those skills.  I need to get the skills up to the level of the heart.

Prayer:

Father, help me develop the skills to lead Your people well.  I'm going after education in this area, but I really want You to train me and help me become the leader You want me to be.  Teach me to be all You want me to be and to do all You want me to do.  More than anything, I want to fulfill Your plans for my life and I want nothing to hinder that.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment