Thursday, August 3, 2017

I Shall Not Want

Scripture:

Psalm 23:1  "Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want".

Observation:

David says here that the Lord is his shepherd and that because of that, he will not want.  In other words, everything David needs, he knew the Lord was going to take care of.  He knew he didn't have to stress out about the things he needed because Jehovah would take care of him like a good shepherd.

Application:

This is a level of trusting God that says He will take care of our needs.  Sheep don't provide for themselves.  They trust the shepherd to take them into green pastures and beside still waters.  We must learn to trust the Lord like a sheep trusts the shepherd.  May we come to the place where we have no wants because we know the shepherd is working on our behalf and He will take care of us.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are my shepherd.  Forgive me for all the times I try to take my life into my own hands an do what I think is best to feed and provide for me.  Forgive me for not trusting You more with taking care of me.  I want to trust You more and more each day.  Meet all my needs today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment