Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Know that He is God

Scripture:

Psalm 46:10  "Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth".

Observation:

The Psalmist here is speaking about God, then suddenly he switches to speaking for God.  He tells us to "be still and know that I am God" and that He will be exalted in all the earth.  This is God talking about God and telling us to be still and know He is God and He is in control.

Application:

God wants us to know He is in control.  He wants us to know that He will be exalted among all the nations and wants us to be still, stop worrying, stop stressing and be still.  Knowing He is God takes us a little farther.  We are not to hope He is God, but to know He is God.  When we KNOW He is God, we can be still.  We must KNOW Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to know You more and more each day.  I want to grow in You and be able to be still, simply knowing You are in control and that You will take care of all the details of my life.  You are amazing and I want to serve You well.  Help me to be still and know all I need to know.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment