Monday, August 7, 2017

Thou Wilt Answer

Scripture:

Psalm 38:15  "For in thee, O Jehovah, do I hope: Thou wilt answer, O Lord my God".

Observation:

The Psalmist here tells us that his hope is in the Lord and I love his three word statement of faith, "You wilt answer".  In this I see the confidence of the writer that God will answer his prayer and his calls for help.  His first words show hope, this second statement shows faith.

Observation:

When we come to God, we must have hope and faith.  Our hope must be in the Lord and not in ourselves.  It is He who will bring us through the tough times of life.  I must learn to speak faith more strongly.  The Psalmist says, "Thou wilt answer".  My faith is more like "Thou might answer".  We need to walk in true faith that knows God is going to come through.

Prayer:

Father, You are the source of my hope and faith.  You are my all in all.  Help me to walk in more faith and make stronger faith declarations.  Help me to speak with boldness and confidence in You.  Let my faith language grow stronger.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment