Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Restore My Joy

Scripture:

Psalm 51:12 "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with a willing spirit".

Observation:

David had messed up royally with Bathsheba and was now coming to God and crying out for mercy for all he had done.  In the midst of his contrition and repentance, he cries out these words, "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation".  David had walked with the Lord and experienced the Lord's joy.  When it was gone, he longed to have it back.

Application:

There are times in our lives when we go through things that rob our joy.  It may not be because of sin, but just the cares of life that drag us down and steal our joy.  We must learn to come to the Lord, the source of joy, and ask Him to restore our joy.  It is the joy of the Lord that is our strength.  We need it desperately, but it really only comes from God.  We must seek Him, then our joy will return to us.

Prayer:

Father, restore Your joy in my life.  My life use to be characterized by crazy amounts of joy.  I was known as someone who was always joyful.  I have let life steal me joy and I want it back.  I want to enjoy life again.  I want to laugh much again.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment