Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Abundant in Lovingkindness

Scripture:

Psalm 86:5 "For thou, art good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in loving-kindness unto all them that call upon thee".

Observation:

David, in this prayer, asks the Lord to bow down His ear and hear him as he cries out to him.  He reminds the Lord of his good attributes.  He says that the Lord is ready to forgive and abundant in loving-kindness to all those who call on Him.

Application:

God truly is good and His mercies are from generation to generation.  He is abundant in love and kindness to those who call on Him.  Our job is to submit our lives to Him and call on Him.  He then is abundant in mercy and love to us.  God is more than ready to do His part, but we must do our part.

Prayer:

Father, demonstrate Your abundant loving-kindness in my life.  Let my life be a demonstration of Your love.  Work in me and through me to accomplish Your will as I travel today to Togo and Democratic Republic of Congo.  Let many come to Christ and be delivered.  Let many grow in You.  Bless my church here in Loudoun County and let it prosper as I go.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment