Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Whole Deal

Scripture:

I Thessalonians 5:23  "And the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ".

Observation:

Paul tells the Thessalonians that he wants the God of peace to sanctify them wholly.  Whole sanctification is when God is Lord over ALL of our lives, our body, our soul and and our spirit.

Application:

We need to give ourselves completely to the Lord in every area.  He needs to be Lord over our bodies, the physical.  He needs to be Lord over our souls, our mind, will and emotions.  He needs to be Lord over our spirit, which is who we are.  We need to learn to give our complete selves to the Lord and let Him be truly Lord over all of our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, sanctify me WHOLLY.  Let me be completely Yours.  Heal my body, bring peace to my soul, and let my spirit follow You completely.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment