Wednesday, August 2, 2017

I Have Set Jehovah Before Me

Scripture:

Psalm 16:8  "I have set Jehovah always before me: Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved".

Observation:

The Psalmist here says that he has "set" Jehovah always before him.  He says because he has set Jehovah at his right hand and because of this that he will never be moved.

Application:

We need to once and for all SET Jehovah, over our lives in every area.  We need to place him at our right hand, which is the hand of authority.  We need to make Him the center of our lives and of every decision that is made in our lives.  Then, we will not be moved by anything our enemies can throw at us.  We have to set Him in place and never move.

Prayer:

Father, You said in Your word that we are to SET our affections on things above.  This morning help me to SET my affections on You eternally.  Let me not be moved by anything but You.  Help me to overcome every obstacle and run the race before me.  I SET You before me.  Help me not to get off track.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment