Monday, February 29, 2016

Say the Word

Scripture:

Luke 7:7  "That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you.  But say the word, and my servant will be healed".

Observation:

A centurion came to Jesus because his servant was sick.  When Jesus told him he would come to his house to heal the servant, the man replied to Jesus, "say the word, and my servant will be healed".  Jesus said that this man's faith was remarkable.  He even said of the man, that He hadn't found such faith in Israel.  The centurion knew that Jesus had authority.

Application:

Do we really believe that Jesus has authority?  Do we really believe that we have been given authority?  God has all power and authority.  When we approach him, we should approach Him with great faith because He can simply say the word, and everything will change.  With a word, He put the universe in order.  With a word, our entire lives can change.  We need to live lives of faith, knowing that God just has to say a word.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in great faith.  Help me to see You for who You really are.  You are incredible and yet You love me.  Increase my faith and trust in You.  Increase my prayer and devotional life that I may know You more.  You have heard my prayers, now say the word over my family, my church and my region.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment