Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Leave Some of You Blessing

Scripture:

Leviticus 23:22 "When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest.  Leave them for the poor and for the foreigner residing among you.  I am the Lord your God
.
Observation:

God told His people not to harvest the edges of their land or to go back after they harvest to get every single piece of produce.  He told them to leave some behind to take care of the poor.  God is always looking out for the poor and He asks us not to be stingy, but bless them freely.

Application:

In our lives, we shouldn't live so tight that we never share with those in need.  God blesses us so that we can be a blessing.  He wants us to share the blessings of our lives with those in need.  We should never be selfish because our God doesn't want us to live lives like that.  We are to live for Him and find opportunities to bless others.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live selflessly.  Help me to live in such a way that my life becomes a blessing to those around me.  Help me not to be stingy, but to share your blessings.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment