Wednesday, February 3, 2016

God's Treasured Possession

Scripture:

Exodus 19:5-6  "Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession.  Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.  These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites".

Observation:

God told Moses that if he and the people of Israel obeyed him, they would be God's treasured possession.  He said that even though He owned the entire earth, that his greatest possession would be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.  God strongly desires obedience because He wants us to walk the earth as a kingdom of His priests.

Application:

In the New Testament we are called a chosen generation and a royal priesthood.  Our job is to walk in obedience to the Lord, He then delights in us and causes us to walk with Him as priests in His kingdom.  When we obey the Lord, we become His treasured possession.  We are treasured above all that He has when we walk in obedience to him.  Our job is obedience to Him, He then delights in us and blesses us exceedingly.

Prayer:

Father, I know that I am Your treasured possession.  I belong to You and You alone.  Help me to live a priests life that is separated to You and for You.  Help me to represent You well.  You are amazing and I want to walk closer and closer each day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment