Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Working with Jesus

Scripture:

Mark 16:20  "Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it".

Observation:

Jesus had just died, been buried, then resurrected.  He showed Himself to His disciples and gave them instructions about preaching the good news to the ends of the earth.  They did what He said and the Lord worked with them to confirm his word by giving signs to back up what they were saying.

Application:

When we work "with the Lord", we can expect Him to confirm his words with signs and wonders.  When you preach Jesus, He will come and let people know that what you are saying is true.  Our job is to preach, His job is to confirm what we preach with signs and wonders.  I love the words, "and the Lord worked with them".  I want Jesus to work with me when I present the Good News.

Prayer:

Lord God, I want to work with Jesus more and more in my life and ministry.  I want people to see Jesus high and lifted up.  As I present Jesus to people, come and confirm what I am speaking with signs and wonders that will back up what I'm speaking on Your behalf.  I want to work with Jesus to fulfill the Great Commission.

Your Servant,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment