Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Respect the Elderly

Scripture:

Leviticus 19:32  "Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God.  I am the Lord".

Observation:

God spoke 613 laws through Moses.  We are no longer under these laws, but they do help us to see the heart of God and the things that please Him.  Here we are told to stand up in the presence of the aged and to show respect for the elderly.

Application:

Many cultures around the world do an outstanding job honoring and respecting the elderly.  In the United States, we are terrible at respecting and taking care of our elderly.  We see them as a burden instead of someone to be honored and respected.  God loves it when we show respect for those who are older than us and when we take care of them.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be sensitive in this area.  Help me to see the needs of the elderly and step in to help out.  Help me to always demonstrate respect in every way for them.  Show me how I can do better at this area of life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment