Friday, February 26, 2016

Believing Brings Blessing

Scripture:

Luke 1:45  "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!"

Observation:

When Elizabeth met Mary, John the Baptist, leaped in her womb and she was filled with the Holy Spirit.  She exclaimed about Mary, "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her".  Elizabeth directly related God's blessing to Mary's belief that God would fulfill His promises.

Application:

Just like Mary, God promises us things.  The difference between us and Mary is that we tend to struggle to believe that the impossible is really possible.  We struggle to believe that God can really do what He says He can do.  We must believe that God is who He says He is and that He can do what He says He can do.  We must become true believers, then we will see the blessings.

Prayer:

Father, teach me day by day to believe You for the things that You have promised me.  Help me to walk by faith and not by sight.  Help me not only believe, but like Mary, to believe that You will fulfill Your promises.  I want Your blessing in my life, increase my belief.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment