Monday, February 1, 2016

Healing and Listening

Scripture:

Exodus 15:26   "He said, 'If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you'".

Observation:

When God's people came across the Red Sea there was great victory in the camp.  Three days later, when water was scarce, they were murmuring and complaining about God and wanting to go back to Egypt.  God sweetened bitter water and made it okay to drink, then He told them that if they listened to Him and did what he said that they would not get the diseases the Egyptians got.  He then reminded them that He is the Lord who heals.

Application:

I have heard this all of my life and quoted it many times myself when preaching.  This morning it stood out to me that all of this promise was conditional.  If we listen carefully to the Lord and do what is right in His eyes.  If we pay attention to his commands and keep all His decrees, then He won't let these things come upon us.  God is 100% definitely our healer, but we also must listen to and obey Him.  When we walk in disobedience, we can't expect God's healing, protection, etc.

Prayer:

Father, thanks for sharing this with me today.  Help me to rightly divide the word of truth.  Help me to apply all I read in my life.  I want to live a healthy and blessed life.  Teach me to live in a way that is pleasing to You and let no diseases come into my life.  You are the God who heals me.  Help me to do my part.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment