Wednesday, February 17, 2016

No Defects

Scripture:

Leviticus 3:1  "If your offering is a fellowship offering, and you offer an animal from the herd, whether make or female, you are to present before the Lord an animal without defect".

Observation:

When God is telling us about how to present offering and sacrifices to Him, He continually points out that the offerings are to be without defect.  God doesn't want an offering, He wants us to offer Him our very best.

Application:

Many times we give God our leftovers.  We give Him what is left and is the least valuable of what we have.  We should give God our very best.  We are no longer under a sacrificial system of worship, but at the same time, we are told in the New Testament that we are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable unto God.  God doesn't want defective worship, He wants us to give Him our best.

Prayer:

Father, help me to always remember what You have done for me and to honor You with the best that I have.  Help me not to give You my leftovers, but to present the best offering of myself to You.  You are worthy of my best.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment