Monday, February 15, 2016

Watch

Scripture:

Mark 13:35-37  "Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back - whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn.  If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.  What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'"

Observation:

Jesus was talking to His disciples about the last days and what would happen and what to do.  In this portion, he tells them to "watch!".  He says we are not to be sleeping, but awake, because we don't know when He is coming.

Application:

Now, more than ever, we need to be watching for the Lord's return and living our lives accordingly.  We are told to understand the signs of the times and to live understanding that Jesus could come back at any time.  He gave us signs to let us know the approximate time of his return.  The signs are all around us, we need to wake up as the body of Christ and finish His work on earth.  We need to live "watching and expecting" His soon return.

Prayer:

Father, help me keep my perspective in these last days.  Help me to walk closer in step with You than ever before.  I want to be effective as I see the day approaching.  Help me fulfill Your will in the earth and to welcome You back when You come.  Help me to live like today was my last day on earth every day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment