Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Audacity Gets Results

Scripture:

Luke 11:8  "I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need".

Observation:

Jesus' disciples had just asked Him to teach them to pray.  He gave them the Lord's prayer, then told this story about a man who needed some things in the middle of the night.  His neighbor came asking for some things in the middle of the night and was given them, not because of friendship, but because of his shameless audacity.

Application:

God doesn't mind us coming to him with shameless audacity.  He doesn't mind when we call on Him in the middle of the night.  He doesn't mind us crying out to him when we need him.   He doesn't answer to protocol as much as He does to shameless audacity.  We must learn to bring our needs to the Lord and not be ashamed to ask for help.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are awesome and I love You deeply.  Help me to pray some audacious prayers.  Help me to know that I won't bother You when I come to you.  You always listen and reply with what I need.  Help me to get some audacity in approaching You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment