Monday, March 7, 2016

The Priestly Blessing

Scripture:

Numbers 6:24-27  "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine on you and be gracious to you; the lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.  So they will put on my name on the Israelites and I will bless them".

Observation:

God told Moses that when the priests blessed the people of Israel with the above blessing, that He would put His name on them and would bless them.  He specifically told them exactly how to bless the people of Israel.  God made a promise here that when the priest did their part, He would do His part and He would bless His people and put His name on them.

Application:

We need to understand the power of blessing people and the benefits of it.  As a pastor, I want my people blessed by God in every way.  I want to see God bless them and keep them.  I want to see God make his face to shine on them and be gracious to them.  I want to see God turn His face toward them and give them peace and I definitely want God to put His name on them and bless them.  I feel convicted to speak blessings over the people who call me pastor.

Prayer:

Father, bless the people under my care.  Let Your hand of blessing be upon them.  Keep them and make Your face shine on them.  be gracious to them and turn your face to them in their time of need.  Give my people peace and put Your name on them.  Bless my people God.  Bless my home and my region in the same way.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment