Friday, March 4, 2016

The Heart of Jesus

Scripture:

Luke 19:41  "As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it".

Observation:

Jesus came into Jerusalem nearing the end of His life.  When he came in, the above verse says that He saw the city of Jerusalem and wept over it.  Later, it says that destruction was coming on the city because they did not recognize the time of God coming to them.  Jesus knew what was coming on his city and wept over it.

Application:

Our prayer should always be, "Lord, let my heart be broken with the things that break Your heart".  When a city or region doesn't recognize the time of God coming to them, God's heart breaks.  It is not His will for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.  We need to ask God to break our hearts for those who don't know Him and who don't recognize the times we are living in.

Prayer:

Father, let me see my city the way You see my city.  Help me to walk with tenderness of heart and with the compassion of Christ everywhere I go.  Don't let me miss the day of God coming into my region.  Help me to live each day on mission for You and with tears in my eyes.  I want to be more like You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment