Thursday, March 10, 2016

Buts Can Destroy Our Destiny

Scripture:

Numbers 13:27  "They gave Moses this account: 'We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey!  Here is its fruit.  But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large.  We even saw descendants of Anak there'".

Observation:

Moses asked a leader of each tribe of Israel to go spy out the promised land for 40 days.  He told them to bring back a report of what it was like.  It was not their place to decide whether they could win or not, God had already given them the land.  They came back and reported as asked.  The report was awesome, then came the "but".

Application:

Many times in our lives we have great opportunities, then something happens and we decide we can't take advantage of the opportunity.  A "but" gets in the way.  This is a great promotion, but, it will make me need to leave the area.  This is a great opportunity, but I'm not trained for it.  I don't have the skills for it.  I would love to go there, but we will never have the money.  We need to stop allowing our "buts" to lead us and allow the Spirit of the Living God to lead us.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to be led by the "buts" of life.  Help me to see You for who You are and to realize that when I walk with You, nothing is impossible.  Help me to see the opportunity and not the problems that come with the opportunity.  Teach me to follow You wholeheartedly and to live by faith.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment