Thursday, March 3, 2016

Never Give Up In Prayer

Scripture:

Luke 18:1  "The Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up".

Observation:

After this intro, Jesus went on to tell a story about a widow who was seeking help from a judge.  She kept going back to the judge over and over.  She was very persistent.  Eventually the judge said, 'because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually come and attack me!'  Jesus goes on to say, "will God not bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night?"

Application:

We need to learn to pray and never give up.  We must be like the persistent widow who got the judge to act on her behalf because she kept bothering him.  We must cry out to the Lord night and day until justice comes.  Sometimes in my life, I know I give up too early.  When i don't see the answer, I may quit praying about it.

Prayer:

Father, help me in this area of persistent prayer.  I want to be one who get prayers answered because I don't give up and I come to You night and day.  I ask You to revive my region.  I ask You to move in my church.  I ask You to work in my family.  I will continue to come on these topics until I see change.  Holy Spirit empower me to be persistent when I don't see the answer.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment