Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Vows to the Lord

Scripture:

Numbers 30:2  "When a man vows a vow to the Lord or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must do everything he said."

Observation:

God speaks here about making a pledge.  He takes a pledge very seriously.  When we pledge something to God, he expects us to follow through on what we say.  He says we must not break our word, but follow through on what we said.  

Application:

This is and Old Testament principle, but we must examine our own lives and ask the question, "how many promises or oaths have I made and not followed through on?"  Seeing how God views this in the OT should cause us to want to follow it in the NT.  We need to be careful about the vows we promise to God.  He takes them seriously and we should as well.

Prayer:

Father, help me in this area.  I know there are things I have promised You and not done.  I know there are things I have promised people and not done.  Help me to know when to speak and what to speak at all times.  Help me follow through on my promises.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment