Thursday, March 17, 2016

Trusting the Lord Through Obedience

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 1:32-33  "In spite of this, you did not trust in the Lord your God, who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go".

Observation:

God here is rebuking the Israelites for not obeying Him when He told them to go into the Promised Land.  He told them that, even though He led them by fire and a cloud, they didn't trust Him when He told them to go into the land He had given them.  They looked at their own strength instead of His and God saw that as not trusting Him.

Application:

God desires his people to trust Him at all times.  The things that He asks us to do sometimes seem out of our range of potential, but He wants us to trust Him instead of looking at our own power and hat we think we are capable of.  We must learn to trust that God can do what He says He will do.  He is able, but sometimes we sell ourselves short of His best, which God sees as disobedience.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in obedience in every are of my life.  Teach me Your ways and help me to walk by faith and fulfill all Your purposes in my life.  Help me to never shrink back on things You have spoken to me, but also to hear Your voice clearly so I can walk in the confidence in need to.  Make You voice clearer to me every day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment