Tuesday, March 8, 2016

An Offering to the Lord

Scripture:

Numbers 8:21  "The Levites purified themselves and washed their clothes.  Then Aaron presented them as a wave offering before the Lord and made atonement for them to purify them".

Observation:

As the people of Israel were preparing for the ministry in the Tabernacle, all of the items inside the Tabernacle were dedicated to the Lord.  Each item used in ministry was set apart, cleansed and offered to the Lord.  In this passage, the Levites, those who would work in the Tabernacle, were offered as a wave offering to the Lord.  Before God would allow them to work on His behalf, they had to be presented as an offering.

Application:

In the New Testament, we are told that we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood and a holy nation.  We are told that we are to offer our bodies to the Lord as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable to the Lord.  We need to continually offer ourselves the Lord as an offering.  We need to give ourselves completely and totally to His purposes for our lives.  We belong to Him, we need to act like it.

Prayer:

Father, once again I come to you and I offer my life to You.  Cleanse me, set me apart for Your service, and work in and through my life,  Let me be a wave offering to You.  Let my life be used for Your glory and may Your name be praised in all I do.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment