Thursday, October 30, 2014

Encourage One Another Daily

Scripture:

Hebrews 3:13  "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called 'today', so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness".

Observation:

In the context, the author of Hebrews was talking about the unbelief that kept God's people from entering the promised land for forty years.  He tells the Hebrews that, "as long as it is called 'today', they should encourage each other so that they won't be hardened by the lies that come with sin.  He says we need daily encouragement.

Application:

Sometimes we wonder why good people stray away from the Lord.  Maybe it's because nobody was encouraging them daily.  It is easy to get tripped up by sin's deceitfulness.  We must be on guard and have some people who we are accountable to and who keep us accountable.  We must encourage each other so that sin doesn't win in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me encourage someone today to continue following You.  Help me build encouraging relationships.  I don't want to be hardened by sin and I don't want to see others hardened by sin.  Help me get this right in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment