Thursday, October 2, 2014

Direction from God

Scripture:

Isaiah 48:17  "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Observation:

God, through Jeremiah the prophet, had been telling Israel how much they had not listened to His voice and how they had not followed Him.  He was upset that they were putting their trust in gods made with their own hands.  He then says to them, "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go".

Application:

God wants to teach us what is best for us and to direct us in the way we should go.  He desires a relationship with His people.  He wants us to look to Him for direction and teaching.  He wants to be our God and for us to be His people.  He knows what is best for our lives and what we need each day.  We must learn to seek Him diligently because He does have everything we need.  Learn to seek His wisdom and direction.

Prayer:

Lord, I want You to direct my paths and teach me what is best for me and my family.  I ask you every morning in our time of prayer for these two things.  Guide me, I pray and lead me into your will.  Show me the way and I will follow.  Make Your will known clearer and clearer.  Order my steps Father.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment