Wednesday, October 29, 2014

God's Judgment

Scripture:

Lamentations 4:13  "But it happened because of the sins of her prophets and the iniquities of her priests, who shed within her the blood of the righteous".

Observation:

Throughout Lamentations we see God's judgment coming on His people because of their disobedience.  This particular verse shows the deeper reason why God's judgment came on the nation.  It says it was not because of the sins of the nation, but because of the sins of the prophets and priests.

Application:

If God judged nations in the Old Testament because of their prophets and priests, we should understand how seriously God takes those who preach and teach in His name.  Prophets and priests must rise up and preach the truth, lest judgment come on our great nation.  We must have a cleansing in America from the top to the bottom, but it must start at the House of God.

Prayer:

Father, forgive my half-heartedness.  Help me to accurately divide the word of truth and to teach and preach accurately what you want me to say.  I want to be your voice.  Cleanse my life and give me my passion for you back.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment