Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lies We Tell

Scripture:

Jeremiah 42:6  "Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, we will obey the Lord our God, to whom we are sending you, so that it will go well with us, for we will obey the Lord our God".

Observation:

The people of Judah asked Jeremiah to go to the Lord on their behalf and ask what they should do.  In this verse they say that they will obey whatever the Lord says so that it may go well with them.  They talk about how they will respond, yes, to whatever the Lord says, yet when he told them what the Lord said, they said he was lying.

Application:

Many times we say things like, "I surrender all", or "I'll go and do whatever you want Lord".  These words easily fall from our mouths, but are harder to follow through on.  When we make statements of commitment to the Lord, we should be willing to follow through and do what He says.  We often lie to the Lord of heaven and earth.  Our intentions are usually right, but our actions don't follow.

Prayer:

Lord, help me not to speak lies in your presence.  Help me to walk out the commitments I make to You and follow through with obedience.  I truly want to serve You well.  My spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak.  Strengthen my inner man so that I won't lie to You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment