Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Obtaining Favor From God

Scripture:

Isaiah 66:2  "Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being? Declares the Lord.  These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word".

Observation:

Isaiah clearly tells us that God looks with favor on those who have a humble and contrite spirit and who tremble at His word.  The favor of God doesn't come on those who work hard and self-promote.  It comes on those who take God's word seriously and are humble and contrite.  God will use a humble and contrite person over a prideful person every time.

Application:

We should be humble and contrite people.  When we are, God will pour His favor over our lives and we will walk in His blessing.  God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  He doesn't like pride and arrogance.  We should also tremble at His word.  We should live life in the fear of Him who made us.

Prayer:

Father God, You word is valuable to me.  Help me to love your word more and more.  Teach me your truths as I walk through these Daily Washes.  Help me to walk humbly before You at all times and not to get prideful.

You are amazing!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment