Thursday, October 16, 2014

His Word is Like Fire in My Bones

Scripture:

Jeremiah 20:9  "But if I say, 'I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,' his word is like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones.  I am weary of holding it in, I cannot".

Observation:

Jeremiah was given some really bad news for the people he was prophesying to.  He was bringing news that God was mad at his people and that he was going to send armies in to destroy them.  Jeremiah was declaring destruction of God's people by their enemies because of their false gods.  Nobody would wants to deliver the messages he was delivering, yet he said he couldn't hold it in because God's word was like fire in his bones that he could not hold back.

Application:

When I speak, I want to speak as one with fire shut up in my bones.  I want God's word to be in me and for it to come out like fire shut up in my bones.  I want to deliver the messages God gives me with boldness and authority.  I want to speak His words and not my own.  I want to deliver His message the way he wants it delivered as well.

Prayer:

Father, let your word be in me like a fire shut up in my bones.  Let it pour out of me the way You want it to.  Let me speak forth your words and not my own.  Put your words in my mouth and your fire in my heart.  I want to be an instrument you can use and a vessel you can trust.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment