Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Have You Answered the Call?

Scripture:

Jeremiah 35:17  "Therefore this is what the Lord God Almighty, the God of Israel, says, 'Listen!  I am going to bring on Judah and on everyone living in Jerusalem every disaster I pronounced against them.  I spoke to them, but they did not listen; I called to them, but they did not answer'".

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah concerning Jerusalem.  He tells Jeremiah to tell the people that God was going to bring disaster on them because they did not listen to Him.  He says, "I called to them, but they did not answer".  God wants his people to reply when He calls and change when He tells them to.  He doesn't like to speak in vain, but likes His words to be attended to.

Application:

How many times have we not listened to what God was putting in our hearts.  So many times, God has put something in my spirit to do and I have not done it.  We must train ourselves to do what He says and to answer His call.  God is looking for a people who will be completely His and who will say yes to His words.  We must answer the call!

Prayer:

Lord, first, help me answer the call You have given me.  Second, let my ears be open and attentive to your words.  Third, help me to do whatever you speak to my heart.  Help me to fulfill your words and the desires of your heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment