Friday, October 24, 2014

Hope, Even in Judgment

Scripture:

Jeremiah 46:28  "Do not be afraid, Jacob my servant, for I am with you, declares the Lord.  Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you.  I will discipline you, but only in due measure; I will not let you go entirely unpunished".

Observation:

Jeremiah had been bringing a message of disaster for the people of Judah.  This was the Lord speaking and letting His people know that judgment was coming because they had broken covenant and were worshiping other gods.  Here the Lord lets them know that He won't completely destroy them, but will only discipline them in due measure.

Application:

God is a just God and He will judge the nations one day.  Even in His judgment, we can have hope.  After all the judgment passages leading up to this verse, God let's His people know that He isn't going to completely destroy them but will discipline them in a just way.  He promises not to overdo it.  There is hope for us, even in the midst of God's judgment.  He is a merciful God.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and I love you!  Your grace and mercy never cease to amaze me.  You love Your people with an everlasting love.  You give us hope, even in judgment.  Thank you for all you do for your children.

Love,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment