Friday, October 10, 2014

God's Words or Ours?

Scripture:

Jeremiah 1:9  "The the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 'I have put my words in your mouth.'"

Observation:

Jeremiah was a great prophet.  He was one of the major prophets in Israel's history.  He spoke on behalf of the Lord his God to God's people and to surrounding nations.  In this passage you see why his words were so powerful.  God put His words into Jeremiah's mouth.  His mouth was touched by God and used for God's purposes.

Application:

I want to speak the words of the Lord and not my own.  I want God to touch my mouth so that it is cleansed, sanctified, and given completely to Him for His purposes.  I desire for God to put His words into my mouth.  When I minister in any way, I want the words to be from God and not just good words I choose.

Prayer:

Touch my mouth Lord and put your words in it.  When I speak, teach, touch, pray etc. let your words fill my mouth and let Your will be accomplished in my life.  Help me hear your voice more clearly and to speak what You say with all my heart.  When I open my mouth, I want you to speak through me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment